Posted to alt.home.repair
john246

Default BASE CABINET PROBLEM

Our stove is betwen 2 base cabinets & the one seems to be moving away from
the stove & also from the wall behind it,,It (the cabinet is not loose from
the wall) & the other base cabinet is fine ..also the cabinets above the
stove are fine..A co-worker has told me that it could br from the heat of
the stove & heat from the baseboard (which is near the cabine) is causing it
to move,,what can I do to stop this..

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"john246" wrote in message
news:SMKdnbXYRugLvi3enZ2dnUVZ_tudnZ2d@catvexpress. net...
Our stove is betwen 2 base cabinets & the one seems to be moving away from
the stove & also from the wall behind it,,It (the cabinet is not loose
from the wall) & the other base cabinet is fine ..also the cabinets above
the stove are fine..A co-worker has told me that it could br from the heat
of the stove & heat from the baseboard (which is near the cabine) is
causing it to move,,what can I do to stop this..

The cabinet is not screwed into place. Take out the drawer and look in the
back. There should be a piece of wood against the wall. A couple of 2"
screws into a stud will solve the problem.
Never heard of a cabinet moving from heat. Vibration will though.

Design Question: TV Cabinet Hiding Fireplace No Spam Woodworking 7 October 21st 05 03:50 AM
DECT phone funny Rod Hewitt UK diy 29 March 10th 05 01:24 PM
Mobile base for a table saw (longish) busbus Woodworking 1 December 30th 04 04:11 PM
cabinet build/design question Mark Jerde Woodworking 9 November 14th 03 06:15 AM
Wires behind medicine cabinet? jagerEd Home Repair 2 June 27th 03 12:57 AM