Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default BASE CABINET PROBLEM

"john246" wrote in message
news:SMKdnbXYRugLvi3enZ2dnUVZ_tudnZ2d@catvexpress. net...
Our stove is betwen 2 base cabinets & the one seems to be moving away from
the stove & also from the wall behind it,,It (the cabinet is not loose
from the wall) & the other base cabinet is fine ..also the cabinets above
the stove are fine..A co-worker has told me that it could br from the heat
of the stove & heat from the baseboard (which is near the cabine) is
causing it to move,,what can I do to stop this..

The cabinet is not screwed into place. Take out the drawer and look in the
back. There should be a piece of wood against the wall. A couple of 2"
screws into a stud will solve the problem.
Never heard of a cabinet moving from heat. Vibration will though.