Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse

Default LCD TV "shadows"

I got a new LCD TV and it looks amazing at first, but now I noticed on some
programs where the background is darker and the movement is quick, there
are - I don't know how to describe this - shadows. It's almost like some
frames overlapped or refreshed differently, and it's most annoying. Is this
a typical problem with LCD TV? is this something that can be calibrated or
is considered a defect?

Thanks,

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Some lcds are better than others, return it if you are not happy.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"miamicuse" wrote in message
news
I got a new LCD TV and it looks amazing at first, but now I noticed on some
programs where the background is darker and the movement is quick, there
are - I don't know how to describe this - shadows. It's almost like some
frames overlapped or refreshed differently, and it's most annoying. Is
this
a typical problem with LCD TV? is this something that can be calibrated or
is considered a defect?

I'm not an expert, but people that are into computer games don't like the
LCD's because of the problem you describe. Could be something inherent to
that type of screen. Thee is an alt.tv newsgroup that may be able to help
you better.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Amy L

This is caused by slow reponse times of the LCD to redraw the screen. When
looking for LCD's you want to make sure you get the lowest response time
among other things. Some LCD's can have response times as low as 4ms or so
which you will not see the "ghosting" effect you are talking about.

Amy.

"miamicuse" wrote in message
news
I got a new LCD TV and it looks amazing at first, but now I noticed on some
programs where the background is darker and the movement is quick, there
are - I don't know how to describe this - shadows. It's almost like some
frames overlapped or refreshed differently, and it's most annoying. Is
this
a typical problem with LCD TV? is this something that can be calibrated or
is considered a defect?

Thanks,

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

miamicuse wrote:
I got a new LCD TV and it looks amazing at first, but now I noticed on some
programs where the background is darker and the movement is quick, there
are - I don't know how to describe this - shadows. It's almost like some
frames overlapped or refreshed differently, and it's most annoying. Is this
a typical problem with LCD TV? is this something that can be calibrated or
is considered a defect?

Thanks,

MC

Hi,
Common problem with LCD panels. Some are better than others but that's
characteristics of LCD. So called response time. Also LCD can't show
true black very well. One reason we have Plasma panels.
Tony

Posted to alt.home.repair
clifto

Tony Hwang wrote:
miamicuse wrote:
I got a new LCD TV and it looks amazing at first, but now I noticed on some
programs where the background is darker and the movement is quick, there
are - I don't know how to describe this - shadows.

Common problem with LCD panels. Some are better than others but that's
characteristics of LCD. So called response time. Also LCD can't show
true black very well. One reason we have Plasma panels.

But then people are starting to complain of screen burn on them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hello,

It could be several factors. You are welcome to check out our free LCD
TV guide at
www.pmbbay.com Since we manufacturer LCD TV's, we may be able to
identify and help you correct the problem. You are welcome to submit
the make, model and panel grade type to us and we will try to help you.