Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse

Default LCD TV "shadows"

Thank you. I assume this response time is not a configurable setting?

MC

"Amy L" wrote in message
This is caused by slow reponse times of the LCD to redraw the screen.

When
looking for LCD's you want to make sure you get the lowest response time
among other things. Some LCD's can have response times as low as 4ms or

so
which you will not see the "ghosting" effect you are talking about.

Amy.

"miamicuse" wrote in message
news
I got a new LCD TV and it looks amazing at first, but now I noticed on

some
programs where the background is darker and the movement is quick, there
are - I don't know how to describe this - shadows. It's almost like

some
frames overlapped or refreshed differently, and it's most annoying. Is
this
a typical problem with LCD TV? is this something that can be calibrated

or
is considered a defect?

Thanks,

MC