Posted to alt.home.repair
clifto

Default LCD TV "shadows"

Tony Hwang wrote:
miamicuse wrote:
I got a new LCD TV and it looks amazing at first, but now I noticed on some
programs where the background is darker and the movement is quick, there
are - I don't know how to describe this - shadows.

Common problem with LCD panels. Some are better than others but that's
characteristics of LCD. So called response time. Also LCD can't show
true black very well. One reason we have Plasma panels.

But then people are starting to complain of screen burn on them.