Posted to alt.home.repair
dharris

Default need used dryer heat selector switch

Hi,

The stem of my Whirlpool dryer heat selector rotary switch broke and I
need a replacement. The part (686739) is $53+ new--not really worth the
investment on this 20 year-old unit.

Is anyone sitting on a junker dryer with a working used switch that
they'd like to sell me cheap?

Please send me an email at

Thanks,

DREW.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On 21 Dec 2005 20:26:18 -0800, "dharris"
wrote:

Hi,

The stem of my Whirlpool dryer heat selector rotary switch broke and I
need a replacement. The part (686739) is $53+ new--not really worth the
investment on this 20 year-old unit.

Is anyone sitting on a junker dryer with a working used switch that
they'd like to sell me cheap?

Or you could buy another dryer like it, and when it broke, you'd
likely have a spare switch.

Or it might never break and that would probably be worth the money.

Or the same part might break the next time, definitely a real
possiblity.

Please send me an email at

Thanks,

DREW.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"dharris" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

The stem of my Whirlpool dryer heat selector rotary switch broke and I
need a replacement. The part (686739) is $53+ new--not really worth the
investment on this 20 year-old unit.

Is anyone sitting on a junker dryer with a working used switch that
they'd like to sell me cheap?

You drive a '73 Pinto??

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oscar_Lives

"dharris" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

The stem of my Whirlpool dryer heat selector rotary switch broke and I
need a replacement. The part (686739) is $53+ new--not really worth the
investment on this 20 year-old unit.

Is anyone sitting on a junker dryer with a working used switch that
they'd like to sell me cheap?

Please send me an email at

Thanks,

DREW.

Wow! What a cheap *******!

Do you put used teeth in your 50 year old body?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bennett Price

I've no idea what the electrical characteristics of this switch are but
perhaps you can buy a plain old toggle switch that will do the same
thing. May look awful but will do the job.

dharris wrote:
Hi,

The stem of my Whirlpool dryer heat selector rotary switch broke and I
need a replacement. The part (686739) is $53+ new--not really worth the
investment on this 20 year-old unit.

Is anyone sitting on a junker dryer with a working used switch that
they'd like to sell me cheap?

Please send me an email at

Thanks,

DREW.

Moffat Dryer not getting any heat tiggy Electronics Repair 1 November 17th 05 04:54 AM
Dryer too hot in back Vinnie Boombotts Home Repair 6 October 13th 05 01:49 PM
An air-soil solar sub-basement heat battery [email protected] Home Repair 10 March 14th 05 11:50 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Maytag dryer won't heat with new element... Buck Wheat Home Repair 3 November 7th 03 03:29 AM