DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   need used dryer heat selector switch (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/136679-need-used-dryer-heat-selector-switch.html)

dharris December 22nd 05 04:26 AM

need used dryer heat selector switch

Hi,

The stem of my Whirlpool dryer heat selector rotary switch broke and I
need a replacement. The part (686739) is $53+ new--not really worth the
investment on this 20 year-old unit.

Is anyone sitting on a junker dryer with a working used switch that
they'd like to sell me cheap?

Please send me an email at

Thanks,

DREW.

mm December 22nd 05 08:06 AM

need used dryer heat selector switch

On 21 Dec 2005 20:26:18 -0800, "dharris"
wrote:

Hi,

The stem of my Whirlpool dryer heat selector rotary switch broke and I
need a replacement. The part (686739) is $53+ new--not really worth the
investment on this 20 year-old unit.

Is anyone sitting on a junker dryer with a working used switch that
they'd like to sell me cheap?

Or you could buy another dryer like it, and when it broke, you'd
likely have a spare switch.

Or it might never break and that would probably be worth the money.

Or the same part might break the next time, definitely a real
possiblity.

Please send me an email at

Thanks,

DREW.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.

Dr. Hardcrab December 22nd 05 11:43 AM

need used dryer heat selector switch

"dharris" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

The stem of my Whirlpool dryer heat selector rotary switch broke and I
need a replacement. The part (686739) is $53+ new--not really worth the
investment on this 20 year-old unit.

Is anyone sitting on a junker dryer with a working used switch that
they'd like to sell me cheap?

You drive a '73 Pinto??

Oscar_Lives December 22nd 05 12:52 PM

"dharris" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

The stem of my Whirlpool dryer heat selector rotary switch broke and I
need a replacement. The part (686739) is $53+ new--not really worth the
investment on this 20 year-old unit.

Is anyone sitting on a junker dryer with a working used switch that
they'd like to sell me cheap?

Please send me an email at

Thanks,

DREW.

Wow! What a cheap *******!

Do you put used teeth in your 50 year old body?

Bennett Price December 22nd 05 06:47 PM

need used dryer heat selector switch

I've no idea what the electrical characteristics of this switch are but
perhaps you can buy a plain old toggle switch that will do the same
thing. May look awful but will do the job.