Posted to alt.home.repair
Fanny

Default Dishwasher no longer has power

I have a MDB6601AWB black maytag dishwasher that is new and was
installed about 3 weeks ago. It has worked fine until today when it
apparently stopped working mid-cycle. There is no power (no lights work
on the display) and there is still water in the bottom of the tub. I am
pretty repair-illiterate. There are no indications the power went off
in my house for any period of time (computers are working all right, no
clocks blinking 12:00, etc.) Does anyone have any ideas on what the
problem could be?

Thanks,
Laurel

Posted to alt.home.repair
Patrick Cleburne

"Fanny" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a MDB6601AWB black maytag dishwasher that is new and was
installed about 3 weeks ago. It has worked fine until today when it
apparently stopped working mid-cycle. There is no power (no lights work
on the display) and there is still water in the bottom of the tub. I am
pretty repair-illiterate. There are no indications the power went off
in my house for any period of time (computers are working all right, no
clocks blinking 12:00, etc.) Does anyone have any ideas on what the
problem could be?

Thanks,
Laurel

Check the circuit breaker (the grey box in the wall with all those "switchy"
looking things in it). Bet the one for the D/W is tripped. (facing the wrong
way). Flick it back and forth a time or two and leave it set to the same
side the other ones are.

Patrick

Posted to alt.home.repair
Fanny

You were right -- should have checked that first. Boy, do I feel like
an idiot. Thanks!

Laurel

Posted to alt.home.repair

"You were right -- should have checked that first. Boy, do I feel like
an idiot. Thanks! "

Of course the remaining question is why did it trip? Are there other
loads on the circuit so that the total for the breaker is exceeded when
something else is on? Until you figure out what's going on, I'd keep
an eye on the dishwasher, ie don't have it running and leave the house
or set it to go on in the middle of the night.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Patrick Cleburne wrote:

"Fanny" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

Hi,
Breaker does not usually trip to off position. It sits in the middle
between on and off position when tripped. To reset it, turn it off and
back on. If it trips again, time to check dish washer for jammed motor
for one.
Tony

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 22:44:47 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

Hi,
Breaker does not usually trip to off position. It sits in the middle

Some models go to off. My GFI breaker stops at the middle, but the
others go all the way.

BTW, I'm not crazy about turning this one on and off more than
necessary, because the dishwasher microprocessor is always On, and
shouldn't have its power turned on and off, aiui.. For the same
reason I'd rather use the reset button on the computer than turn the
power off and on. They tell me it is better to use the reset button
(except in rare cases where that doesn't reset it enough. And with
Compaq computers which for some stupid reason don't have them.)

between on and off position when tripped. To reset it, turn it off and
back on. If it trips again, time to check dish washer for jammed motor
for one.
Tony

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.