Posted to alt.home.repair
Patrick Cleburne

Default Dishwasher no longer has power

"Fanny" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a MDB6601AWB black maytag dishwasher that is new and was
installed about 3 weeks ago. It has worked fine until today when it
apparently stopped working mid-cycle. There is no power (no lights work
on the display) and there is still water in the bottom of the tub. I am
pretty repair-illiterate. There are no indications the power went off
in my house for any period of time (computers are working all right, no
clocks blinking 12:00, etc.) Does anyone have any ideas on what the
problem could be?

Thanks,
Laurel

Check the circuit breaker (the grey box in the wall with all those "switchy"
looking things in it). Bet the one for the D/W is tripped. (facing the wrong
way). Flick it back and forth a time or two and leave it set to the same
side the other ones are.

Patrick