Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed

Default Laser Chalk Line

I am planning on doing some floor tiling and saw in a book where they
use lasers instead of a chalk line so you don't have to worry about
covering up your chalk line with this that and the other... I have
looked at the lasers at Lowes and Home Depot but they all don't really
say if the do laser chalk lines on the floor. Most seem to advertise
as doing vertical and horizontal lines on walls.

Can anyone lead me to some brands and models that will do a 40' line
on the floor that cost under 100 bucks.

Regards,
Ed
Posted to alt.home.repair
Cliff Hartle

Probably any of the cheap laser levels will do.

Your only need is for one that will project a line on a surface.

I have used one many times for this and wouldn't do it any other way. I have
the one from straightline that is shaped like a tape measure.

If you are doing something complicated like an "L" shaped room, there are
ones that project two lines at 90 degrees.

"Ed" wrote in message
I am planning on doing some floor tiling and saw in a book where they
use lasers instead of a chalk line so you don't have to worry about
covering up your chalk line with this that and the other... I have
looked at the lasers at Lowes and Home Depot but they all don't really
say if the do laser chalk lines on the floor. Most seem to advertise
as doing vertical and horizontal lines on walls.

Can anyone lead me to some brands and models that will do a 40' line
on the floor that cost under 100 bucks.

Regards,
Ed

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Ed" wrote in message
I have
looked at the lasers at Lowes and Home Depot but they all don't really
say if the do laser chalk lines on the floor. Most seem to advertise
as doing vertical and horizontal lines on walls.

If you laid the floor down on its side, it would be just like a floor. But
if you flipped it up, you'd call it a ceiling. The laser does not really
care.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bernie Hunt

I just went through looking for one myself. I went over $100 but the extra
$30 was worth is for a pole stand.

Under $100, I would get the Black and Decker CrossFire.
http://www.blackanddecker.com/Produc...ProductID=7859
It has both vertical and horizontal lines and it auto leveling. Autoleveling
was the feature I wanted most and highly recommend. You just put it down and
it finds vertical and horizontal, no hassles!

For doing floors, just put the unit lower to the ground and use a vertical
line. Its vertical throw is about 90 degrees, so at a foot or so off the
ground, you are going to get a pretty long line.

Bernie

"Ed" wrote in message
I am planning on doing some floor tiling and saw in a book where they
use lasers instead of a chalk line so you don't have to worry about
covering up your chalk line with this that and the other... I have
looked at the lasers at Lowes and Home Depot but they all don't really
say if the do laser chalk lines on the floor. Most seem to advertise
as doing vertical and horizontal lines on walls.

Can anyone lead me to some brands and models that will do a 40' line
on the floor that cost under 100 bucks.

Regards,
Ed

Posted to alt.home.repair
wannabe

Ed wrote:
I am planning on doing some floor tiling and saw in a book where they

Can anyone lead me to some brands and models that will do a 40' line
on the floor that cost under 100 bucks.

Regards,
Ed

good god man, just pop some lines on the floor and send me the extra
savings.

don't use red chalk.

I chalk minez all the time. The chalk sets into the thinset, and is
ultimately far beneath the grout.

Send me that extra money!!! :O

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 23:11:15 -0500, Ed wrote:

I am planning on doing some floor tiling and saw in a book where they
use lasers instead of a chalk line so you don't have to worry about
covering up your chalk line with this that and the other... I have
looked at the lasers at Lowes and Home Depot but they all don't really
say if the do laser chalk lines on the floor. Most seem to advertise
as doing vertical and horizontal lines on walls.

Can anyone lead me to some brands and models that will do a 40' line
on the floor that cost under 100 bucks.

Regards,
Ed

I got one of them laser chalk line thingees, but could never find the
hole to put the chalk. The cats like to play with the line though, so
it serves some purpose.

Furnace fuel oil pump return line, install or not? [email protected] Home Repair 3 September 29th 05 02:36 AM
Circular Saw with Laser Line or Not? weft2 Woodworking 26 September 25th 05 05:58 AM
Weird phone wiring with new flat - help needed with BT Broadband and master socket kiich UK diy 30 August 30th 05 11:04 PM
Laser Level Help Steve Home Repair 8 August 16th 05 11:51 PM
Miter saw laser line adapter dteckie Woodworking 5 December 4th 03 12:19 PM