dteckie

Default Miter saw laser line adapter

Thinking about purchasing one of those Laser line cutting adapter to
my Dewalt 12" Mitre Saw. There seem to be two different kinds a singel
laser line and double laser line. If anyone has and used one, your
posted comments and brand you're using will be appreciated. Wondering
if they are worth installing and if they actually are as accurate as
they claim to be.
Jerry Gilreath

FWIW I have the single line laser on mine. I really like it. Some say it's a
waste, but everyone has their own opinion. I just ordered one for SIL for
Xmas. He likes coming over to use my saw just for that reason. Once you get
used to it, it's hard to use a saw without one.

--
This space for rent.
Jerry© The Phoneman®
"dteckie" wrote in message
om...
Thinking about purchasing one of those Laser line cutting adapter to
my Dewalt 12" Mitre Saw. There seem to be two different kinds a singel
laser line and double laser line. If anyone has and used one, your
posted comments and brand you're using will be appreciated. Wondering
if they are worth installing and if they actually are as accurate as
they claim to be.

Charles Krug

On 2 Dec 2003 03:23:48 -0800, dteckie wrote:
Thinking about purchasing one of those Laser line cutting adapter to
my Dewalt 12" Mitre Saw. There seem to be two different kinds a singel
laser line and double laser line. If anyone has and used one, your
posted comments and brand you're using will be appreciated. Wondering
if they are worth installing and if they actually are as accurate as
they claim to be.

Last I checked, Norm was still using the original PC model, nothing
newer. Always interesting to observe what he uses for more than a
single season regardless of what the sponsor is selling. If I see him
using a newer model for more than one season, then I'd consider it.

For a while, I'm pretty sure he was using a Makita router with the logo
taped over (though easily identifiable by the color).

Brian Laufman

I have one on my Hitachi C10FS sliding compound miter, and it's a
nice-to-have -- certainly not a need to have.

That said, I have one mounted to the ceiling above my Unisaw - the laser is
the exact width of my blade. This makes it very easy to see exactly where
the blade will cut (most of the time - doesn't work for tilted blade cuts).

I find the later application a lot handier than the first.

Brian

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." wrote
in message ...
On 2 Dec 2003 03:23:48 -0800, (dteckie) wrote:

Thinking about purchasing one of those Laser line cutting adapter to
my Dewalt 12" Mitre Saw. There seem to be two different kinds a singel
laser line and double laser line. If anyone has and used one, your
posted comments and brand you're using will be appreciated. Wondering
if they are worth installing and if they actually are as accurate as
they claim to be.

I've played with one, but don't own one, and don't get the advantage.
I think it looks neat and high tech, but not for the money.

For me, a shop made zero clearance insert and fence works just as
well, if not better, for much less money.

Barry