Posted to alt.home.repair
Bernie Hunt

Default Laser Chalk Line

I just went through looking for one myself. I went over $100 but the extra
$30 was worth is for a pole stand.

Under $100, I would get the Black and Decker CrossFire.
http://www.blackanddecker.com/Produc...ProductID=7859
It has both vertical and horizontal lines and it auto leveling. Autoleveling
was the feature I wanted most and highly recommend. You just put it down and
it finds vertical and horizontal, no hassles!

For doing floors, just put the unit lower to the ground and use a vertical
line. Its vertical throw is about 90 degrees, so at a foot or so off the
ground, you are going to get a pretty long line.

Bernie

"Ed" wrote in message
I am planning on doing some floor tiling and saw in a book where they
use lasers instead of a chalk line so you don't have to worry about
covering up your chalk line with this that and the other... I have
looked at the lasers at Lowes and Home Depot but they all don't really
say if the do laser chalk lines on the floor. Most seem to advertise
as doing vertical and horizontal lines on walls.

Can anyone lead me to some brands and models that will do a 40' line
on the floor that cost under 100 bucks.

Regards,
Ed