Posted to alt.home.repair
josh

Default Simple...Right?

Grrrrrrr...

I've got one of those Maglights I keep in the truck. Went to replace the
batteries, well, one finally came out, after a slew of &#$%^&**(, and a bit
of banging. Now the other one is stuck. Seems they started to explode or
something. Because, the one that I got out looks pregnant. Does heat cause
this? BTW, they're Energizer, and the one says best used b/4 01-2007.

How do I get the other one out? Any hints? Or, throw it away and get a new
one.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

josh wrote:
Grrrrrrr...

I've got one of those Maglights I keep in the truck. Went to replace the
batteries, well, one finally came out, after a slew of &#$%^&**(, and a bit
of banging. Now the other one is stuck. Seems they started to explode or
something. Because, the one that I got out looks pregnant. Does heat cause
this? BTW, they're Energizer, and the one says best used b/4 01-2007.

How do I get the other one out? Any hints? Or, throw it away and get a new
one.

The top and bottom screw off. Use a wood dowel placed inside the tube
against the lodged battery and rap the end of the dowel with a hammer.
It'll come out.

Posted to alt.home.repair
josh

"RicodJour" wrote in message
The top and bottom screw off. Use a wood dowel placed inside the tube
against the lodged battery and rap the end of the dowel with a hammer.
It'll come out.

Hey Rico,

I wish it were that simple. The top does unscrew, but, the bulb is in that
section. The holder the bulb sits in, seems to be stationary. I can't see
the battery top because of the holder.

Wow, the things I work on, and something like this just blows me away.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Send the whole lite & batteries to energiser if its ruined , they will
send you a new one free

Posted to alt.home.repair
josh

Default Update

Heh, bound and determined, I tried something I used to do years ago on car
battery terminals. The ole baking soda and water. Mixed up a bit, dumped
it in, and within minutes it ate the corrosion. The other battery slid
right out. It's a wonder the light still worked with the batteries the way
they were.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

/
"josh" wrote in message
. ..
Grrrrrrr...

I've got one of those Maglights I keep in the truck. Went to replace the
batteries, well, one finally came out, after a slew of &#$%^&**(, and a
bit of banging. Now the other one is stuck. Seems they started to explode
or something. Because, the one that I got out looks pregnant. Does heat
cause this? BTW, they're Energizer, and the one says best used b/4
01-2007.

How do I get the other one out? Any hints? Or, throw it away and get a
new one.

Energizer warrants their products and will replace anything damaged. Send
it to them. Simple...right?

Posted to alt.home.repair
josh

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote
Energizer warrants their products and will replace anything damaged.
Send it to them. Simple...right?

Edwin,

Does it take practice to be a jerk, or are you a born natural jerk?

Ransley had already posted that remedy. You could've taken the time and
read the update I posted.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Josh you are the jerk to suggest that of EP, to bad I didnt suggest you
use a big hammer instead on that crap light of yours. How many years
were the batteries in it, 10.

Posted to alt.home.repair
josh

"m Ransley" wrote
Josh you are the jerk to suggest that of EP, to bad I didnt suggest you
use a big hammer instead on that crap light of yours. How many years
were the batteries in it, 10.

Lighten up Ransley and get a thicker skin. If Ed wants to get a smartass
attitude, that's his problem. Why is it any concern of yours? Are you
babysitting for him today, or playing big brother?

Posted to alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

"josh" wrote in message
. ..

"m Ransley" wrote
Josh you are the jerk to suggest that of EP, to bad I didnt suggest you
use a big hammer instead on that crap light of yours. How many years
were the batteries in it, 10.

Lighten up Ransley and get a thicker skin. If Ed wants to get a smartass
attitude, that's his problem. Why is it any concern of yours? Are you
babysitting for him today, or playing big brother?

Look..a Usenet newbie....
I see the pot calling the kettle black here..
Oh Josh.. I know I am an ass, I dont need you to tell me, but you know, Ed
prob did as I did first...read your original, and typed in a reply without
reading Marks...
I canceled it when I read how postal you went...and did this one..
My suggestion was the same..except, I had thrown in that with MagLites so
damn cheap, why not go buy another one? Under $40? LOL..lord...go buy a real
light and whine then...when your $300 SureFire craps out, then you can bitch
over it...MagLites make good hammers when they are more than a month old.

Posted to alt.home.repair
TURTLE

This is Turtle

I see your missing out on a great newsgroup that you would fit right in
by this reply you have here. alt.hvac would love to have you in their
ranks as a back up flame member and if you wanted someone to explain
about all the fun by Flaming at alt.hvac , just ask CBHVAC and he can
explain all the fun to be had there flaming everybody who wants to
flame.

I would suggest to not go there with the thicker skin theory at
alt.home.repair.

TURTLE

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

The only "smartass" is you josh.

Posted to alt.home.repair
josh

"CBHVAC" wrote

Look..a Usenet newbie....

LOL, shows how little you know.

Get back into my twit box, dang nymshifter.

Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub

josh wrote:
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote
Energizer warrants their products and will replace anything damaged.
Send it to them. Simple...right?

Edwin,

Does it take practice to be a jerk, or are you a born natural jerk?

Ransley had already posted that remedy. You could've taken the time
and read the update I posted.

Yeah, but Ransley didn't say that Energizer had a warranty and that
Energizer would at least replace the batteries, maybe even the flashlight
too.

If it was me, I'd inquire of Energizer whether they would stand behind their
products with a warranty. You might even get a free battery or two.

In any event, it couldn't hurt to contact Energizer. It could be a
manufacturing defect and they'd want to know about it. Might be worthwhile.
Or not.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

josh wrote:
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote
Energizer warrants their products and will replace anything damaged.
Send it to them. Simple...right?

Edwin,

Does it take practice to be a jerk, or are you a born natural jerk?

Now this is funny. USENET newsgroups are a wonderful thing, but we don't
all see the same messages at the same time. Ransly's post showed up later.
This post never showed on my server, but I happened to see it when someone
else made a comments.

So, since I did post accurate information, I'll et the readers of this group
deice who the natural born jerk really is.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Makes me wonder if you could drill a hole in the end of the battery, and
turn in a screw (have a wire or pice of perforated strap around the screw
before you insert the screw). Then pull the wire or perforated galvanized
strap to exert a pull on the battery.

Clean thoroughly with water and scrub brush, and leave open to dry over
night before reinstalling batteries. And change the batteries more often.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

. ..