Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Default Simple...Right?

Makes me wonder if you could drill a hole in the end of the battery, and
turn in a screw (have a wire or pice of perforated strap around the screw
before you insert the screw). Then pull the wire or perforated galvanized
strap to exert a pull on the battery.

Clean thoroughly with water and scrub brush, and leave open to dry over
night before reinstalling batteries. And change the batteries more often.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"josh" wrote in message
. ..
Grrrrrrr...

I've got one of those Maglights I keep in the truck. Went to replace the
batteries, well, one finally came out, after a slew of &#$%^&**(, and a bit
of banging. Now the other one is stuck. Seems they started to explode or
something. Because, the one that I got out looks pregnant. Does heat cause
this? BTW, they're Energizer, and the one says best used b/4 01-2007.

How do I get the other one out? Any hints? Or, throw it away and get a new
one.

Thanks