Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default restoring finish to brass plated tub drain

I have a tub where the visible surface of the drain looks bad. brown
and green corrosion.
Originally it had shiny yellow brass finish. I think I ruined it with
drain clog chemicals.
(I avoid those now, I would funnel them in with great care if I felt a
need to)

Anyway, I want to improve the looks of the surface.

I could clean and polish it with steel wool, I think. I figure the
surface will look
more like steel than brass at that point.

Is there a way to resurface it that looks good?

Is there at least something I can put on it after I polish it down to
metal to stop
corrosion?