Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG

Default restoring finish to brass plated tub drain

On the off chance that it is really brass, I think I would start
with some Brasso and a soft cloth. The green kinda indicates
brass. If you get it nice and shiny, you can protect with lacquer
or paste wax.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a tub where the visible surface of the drain looks bad.
brown
and green corrosion.
Originally it had shiny yellow brass finish. I think I ruined
it with
drain clog chemicals.
(I avoid those now, I would funnel them in with great care if I
felt a
need to)

Anyway, I want to improve the looks of the surface.

I could clean and polish it with steel wool, I think. I figure
the
surface will look
more like steel than brass at that point.

Is there a way to resurface it that looks good?

Is there at least something I can put on it after I polish it
down to
metal to stop
corrosion?