Posted to alt.home.repair
jay hey

Default Sealing Shower Grout

I just regrouted my shower tile which has approximately 1/8" seams. I
used dry, sandless grout which I mixed with water.

The hardware store "associate" recommended that I use "Stand n seal" to
seal the grout. It comes in a spray can, and the overspray does NOT
have to be wiped off of the tile because it evaporates.

The "Stand n Seal" can says to wait 1 day before sealing the grout.
The box of grout says to wait 3 days before sealing the grout.
The sales associate said to wait 30 days before sealing the grout.

My tenants will wait 2 days before using the shower.

What do you recommend??? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve

I would follow the instructions on the grout and wait 3 days before
sealing. I don't know about the spray sealer so can't say yeah or
nay....

Your tenants will have to wait for the work to be done properly.

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"jay hey" wrote in message
ups.com...
I just regrouted my shower tile which has approximately 1/8" seams. I
used dry, sandless grout which I mixed with water.

The hardware store "associate" recommended that I use "Stand n seal" to
seal the grout. It comes in a spray can, and the overspray does NOT
have to be wiped off of the tile because it evaporates.

The "Stand n Seal" can says to wait 1 day before sealing the grout.
The box of grout says to wait 3 days before sealing the grout.
The sales associate said to wait 30 days before sealing the grout.

My tenants will wait 2 days before using the shower.

What do you recommend??? Thanks.

Grout is a lot like concrete, a chemical action. Longer would be my choice,
let the grout cure. Make arrangements for a couple of weeks in the future to
stop by on a Saturday morning with the understanding that the tenants will
wait as long as possible to use the shower.

Posted to alt.home.repair
MasterBlaster

"jay hey" wrote

I just regrouted my shower tile which has approximately 1/8" seams. I
used dry, sandless grout which I mixed with water.

The hardware store "associate" recommended that I use "Stand n seal" to
seal the grout. It comes in a spray can, and the overspray does NOT
have to be wiped off of the tile because it evaporates.

The "Stand n Seal" can says to wait 1 day before sealing the grout.
The box of grout says to wait 3 days before sealing the grout.
The sales associate said to wait 30 days before sealing the grout.

My tenants will wait 2 days before using the shower.

What do you recommend??? Thanks.

Buy a few $2 shower curtains, overlap and join/seal with some duct tape,
cover the walls ALL the way around the tub, and wait as long as you like.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Ive seen quite a few 60-80 yr old tile showers that are fine unsealed
today and never were sealed. I view it as just something else new to
have sold to you, worthless.