Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

Default Sealing Shower Grout

"jay hey" wrote in message
ups.com...
I just regrouted my shower tile which has approximately 1/8" seams. I
used dry, sandless grout which I mixed with water.

The hardware store "associate" recommended that I use "Stand n seal" to
seal the grout. It comes in a spray can, and the overspray does NOT
have to be wiped off of the tile because it evaporates.

The "Stand n Seal" can says to wait 1 day before sealing the grout.
The box of grout says to wait 3 days before sealing the grout.
The sales associate said to wait 30 days before sealing the grout.

My tenants will wait 2 days before using the shower.

What do you recommend??? Thanks.

Grout is a lot like concrete, a chemical action. Longer would be my choice,
let the grout cure. Make arrangements for a couple of weeks in the future to
stop by on a Saturday morning with the understanding that the tenants will
wait as long as possible to use the shower.