Posted to alt.home.repair
victor

Default pipe entering air handler from heat pump is hot?? Is this normal?

I have an outside heat pump and its air handler/blower is in my
basement.
I have noticed that there is a copper pipe and a small copper tube
from the outside unit that enters the air handler where the finned
coils are located below the blower. This copper pipe and tube is
insulated with a foam cover but the pipes are exposed for about 2".
During a cold spell, when the units are operating I have noticed that
this copper pipe is hot, like a hot water pipe.
Is this normal???
Is the outside unit producing so much heat?

Thanks for your help

Posted to alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

"victor" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an outside heat pump and its air handler/blower is in my
basement.
I have noticed that there is a copper pipe and a small copper tube
from the outside unit that enters the air handler where the finned
coils are located below the blower. This copper pipe and tube is
insulated with a foam cover but the pipes are exposed for about 2".
During a cold spell, when the units are operating I have noticed that
this copper pipe is hot, like a hot water pipe.
Is this normal???
Is the outside unit producing so much heat?

Umm...
yea..thats how they work.

Thanks for your help

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

"victor" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an outside heat pump and its air handler/blower is in my
basement.
I have noticed that there is a copper pipe and a small copper tube
from the outside unit that enters the air handler where the finned
coils are located below the blower. This copper pipe and tube is
insulated with a foam cover but the pipes are exposed for about 2".
During a cold spell, when the units are operating I have noticed that
this copper pipe is hot, like a hot water pipe.
Is this normal???
Is the outside unit producing so much heat?

How do you think the house stays warm???

Fire HOT
Snow COOOOOOOOOOOOOOld

Trane Heat Pump Problems [email protected] Home Repair 2 April 24th 05 03:00 AM
Carrier Heat Pump Control Problems Art Renkes Home Repair 4 November 2nd 04 12:03 AM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Followup: York heat pump replacement - quote sounds high, thoughts? Peter Drier Home Repair 5 June 26th 04 07:31 AM
Heat pump thermostat question Michael Baugh Home Repair 6 January 26th 04 07:50 AM