DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   pipe entering air handler from heat pump is hot?? Is this normal? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/132860-pipe-entering-air-handler-heat-pump-hot-normal.html)

victor November 25th 05 05:37 PM

pipe entering air handler from heat pump is hot?? Is this normal?

I have an outside heat pump and its air handler/blower is in my
basement.
I have noticed that there is a copper pipe and a small copper tube
from the outside unit that enters the air handler where the finned
coils are located below the blower. This copper pipe and tube is
insulated with a foam cover but the pipes are exposed for about 2".
During a cold spell, when the units are operating I have noticed that
this copper pipe is hot, like a hot water pipe.
Is this normal???
Is the outside unit producing so much heat?

Thanks for your help

CBHVAC November 25th 05 06:07 PM

pipe entering air handler from heat pump is hot?? Is this normal?

"victor" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an outside heat pump and its air handler/blower is in my
basement.
I have noticed that there is a copper pipe and a small copper tube
from the outside unit that enters the air handler where the finned
coils are located below the blower. This copper pipe and tube is
insulated with a foam cover but the pipes are exposed for about 2".
During a cold spell, when the units are operating I have noticed that
this copper pipe is hot, like a hot water pipe.
Is this normal???
Is the outside unit producing so much heat?

Umm...
yea..thats how they work.

Thanks for your help

Red Neckerson November 25th 05 09:49 PM

pipe entering air handler from heat pump is hot?? Is this normal?

"victor" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an outside heat pump and its air handler/blower is in my
basement.
I have noticed that there is a copper pipe and a small copper tube
from the outside unit that enters the air handler where the finned
coils are located below the blower. This copper pipe and tube is
insulated with a foam cover but the pipes are exposed for about 2".
During a cold spell, when the units are operating I have noticed that
this copper pipe is hot, like a hot water pipe.
Is this normal???
Is the outside unit producing so much heat?

How do you think the house stays warm???

Fire HOT
Snow COOOOOOOOOOOOOOld