Posted to alt.home.repair
victor

Default pipe entering air handler from heat pump is hot?? Is this normal?

I have an outside heat pump and its air handler/blower is in my
basement.
I have noticed that there is a copper pipe and a small copper tube
from the outside unit that enters the air handler where the finned
coils are located below the blower. This copper pipe and tube is
insulated with a foam cover but the pipes are exposed for about 2".
During a cold spell, when the units are operating I have noticed that
this copper pipe is hot, like a hot water pipe.
Is this normal???
Is the outside unit producing so much heat?

Thanks for your help