Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Attempting to attach Hanging Tool Rack

I recently purchased a Hanging Tool Rack from Crown Solutions in
Australia and I am attempting to work out what the best method of
affixing it to the wall is considering it is most likely going to have
20 different garden tools. To see the product I am talking about go to
http://www.crownsolutions.com.au

Any help would be much appreciated

Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently purchased a Hanging Tool Rack from Crown Solutions in
Australia and I am attempting to work out what the best method of
affixing it to the wall is considering it is most likely going to have
20 different garden tools. To see the product I am talking about go to
http://www.crownsolutions.com.au

Any help would be much appreciated

Is the wall bare studs, plaster, wallboard, or what? I'd screw a wide plank
to the wall, being careful to hit as many studs as possible, even if the
plank has to be longer than the plastic rack, and screw the rack off to
that. Plank will help on any wall, but especially on bare studs, since it
will keep the plastic from rotating into the stud space if you hang a heavy
tool in the middle. If it is a plaster or wallboard finished wall, don't
forget to put something on the wall below it to protect against dings and
splashes from wet tools. (You do hose your metal tools off versus putting
them away muddy, right?)

I'm planning on doing a similar rack in my garage, once I get around to
taping/mudding/painting the half-ass wallboard job the previous owner did. A
long 2"x8" plank lagged off to several studs, and farmer-style galvanized
steel implement hooks screwed off to those. Another plank, high up on
another wall, with bike hooks, since the ceiling is too damn high to reach
for that, like I had done in previous houses.

aem sends....

aem sends...

Parting tool usage tips needed [email protected] Metalworking 14 November 13th 05 11:28 PM
Tool Guide Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 5 April 14th 05 05:39 PM
How to attach rack to the studs orangetrader Home Repair 11 April 4th 05 02:47 AM
"homemade" tool steel George Watson Metalworking 39 January 24th 04 12:06 AM
Basics on Depth of Cuts Chris S Metalworking 10 September 2nd 03 03:15 AM