rfisher

Default GE Triton XL Dishwasher Problem

Due to some remodeling, we had the power cut off to parts of the kitchen -
including the dishwasher. When we hooked up the power again, the dishwasher
(GE Triton XL) does not work. No lights, nothing. Everything else works.
Is there a reset switch somewhere? We just bought the house, so we don't
have an owner's manual. The dishwasher is only a couple of years old. I
would certainly appreciate some help. Please reply to newsgroups as my
email address is only for spam.

Thanks!
Debbie

Appliance Repair Aid

rfisher wrote:
Due to some remodeling, we had the power cut off to parts of the kitchen -
including the dishwasher. When we hooked up the power again, the dishwasher
(GE Triton XL) does not work. No lights, nothing. Everything else works.
Is there a reset switch somewhere? We just bought the house, so we don't
have an owner's manual. The dishwasher is only a couple of years old. I
would certainly appreciate some help. Please reply to newsgroups as my
email address is only for spam.

Thanks!
Debbie

Hi,

Is there a reset switch somewhere?

Nope.

We just bought the house, so we don't
have an owner's manual.

One can likely be obtained from GE, with a model# and not with the name
on the unit.
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

Due to some remodeling, we had the power cut off to parts of the kitchen -
including the dishwasher. When we hooked up the power again, the dishwasher
(GE Triton XL) does not work. No lights, nothing.

Any wiring changes?

http://www.applianceaid.com/dish.html#dead

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

C & M

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
oups.com...

rfisher wrote:
Due to some remodeling, we had the power cut off to parts of the

kitchen -
snip
Thanks!
Debbie

Hi,

snip
Any wiring changes?

http://www.applianceaid.com/dish.html#dead

jeff.

Good point from Jeff. I had some work done in a laundry room below the
kitchen. THey had installed a GFI outlet which happend to be where the
dishwasher was receiving its power leg. The GFI tripped and killed the DW -
cost $45 for the service guys to say, "It's not our problem", and split. I
figured it out after kicking my own, copious butt!

Posted to alt.home.repair
rfisher

our problem turned out to be similar. We paid $50 for the repairman to come
out and tell us that 2 wires under the dishwasher had come loose - probably
caused by vibration. Whoever wired the dang thing up did a poor job! Took
the guy 2 minutes to look at it and "repair" it! It was just coincidence
that it happened at the same time we were rewiring some outlets nearby....go
figure!

Dishwasher problem John Kelly UK diy 17 March 23rd 05 05:41 PM
Whirlpool Dishwasher pump problem? Ted Home Repair 0 December 19th 04 03:35 PM
Zanussi Dishwasher problem phil UK diy 0 May 23rd 04 12:52 PM
Dishwasher stopped working mid-cycle Kamal Home Repair 0 December 22nd 03 03:30 PM
Hotpoint Dishwasher Problem Jim Orchard UK diy 4 November 10th 03 10:12 PM