DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   GE Triton XL Dishwasher Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/129595-ge-triton-xl-dishwasher-problem.html)

rfisher November 15th 05 11:14 PM

GE Triton XL Dishwasher Problem

Due to some remodeling, we had the power cut off to parts of the kitchen -
including the dishwasher. When we hooked up the power again, the dishwasher
(GE Triton XL) does not work. No lights, nothing. Everything else works.
Is there a reset switch somewhere? We just bought the house, so we don't
have an owner's manual. The dishwasher is only a couple of years old. I
would certainly appreciate some help. Please reply to newsgroups as my
email address is only for spam.

Thanks!
Debbie

Appliance Repair Aid November 16th 05 04:32 AM

rfisher wrote:
Due to some remodeling, we had the power cut off to parts of the kitchen -
including the dishwasher. When we hooked up the power again, the dishwasher
(GE Triton XL) does not work. No lights, nothing. Everything else works.
Is there a reset switch somewhere? We just bought the house, so we don't
have an owner's manual. The dishwasher is only a couple of years old. I
would certainly appreciate some help. Please reply to newsgroups as my
email address is only for spam.

Thanks!
Debbie

Hi,

Is there a reset switch somewhere?

Nope.

We just bought the house, so we don't
have an owner's manual.

One can likely be obtained from GE, with a model# and not with the name
on the unit.
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

Due to some remodeling, we had the power cut off to parts of the kitchen -
including the dishwasher. When we hooked up the power again, the dishwasher
(GE Triton XL) does not work. No lights, nothing.

Any wiring changes?

http://www.applianceaid.com/dish.html#dead

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

C & M November 17th 05 02:57 PM

GE Triton XL Dishwasher Problem

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
oups.com...

rfisher wrote:
Due to some remodeling, we had the power cut off to parts of the

kitchen -
snip
Thanks!
Debbie

Hi,

snip
Any wiring changes?

http://www.applianceaid.com/dish.html#dead

jeff.

Good point from Jeff. I had some work done in a laundry room below the
kitchen. THey had installed a GFI outlet which happend to be where the
dishwasher was receiving its power leg. The GFI tripped and killed the DW -
cost $45 for the service guys to say, "It's not our problem", and split. I
figured it out after kicking my own, copious butt!

rfisher November 18th 05 01:41 AM

GE Triton XL Dishwasher Problem

our problem turned out to be similar. We paid $50 for the repairman to come
out and tell us that 2 wires under the dishwasher had come loose - probably
caused by vibration. Whoever wired the dang thing up did a poor job! Took
the guy 2 minutes to look at it and "repair" it! It was just coincidence
that it happened at the same time we were rewiring some outlets nearby....go
figure!