Jim-Poncin

Default Smoke detector batteries

I let the house's temperature go low overnight. So the batteries in the
smoke detectors lose some power and one of the goddam things starts its low
power warning CHIRP at 2 am.

I'm tempted to rip the whole damned system out.

Joseph Meehan

Jim-Poncin wrote:
I let the house's temperature go low overnight. So the batteries in the
smoke detectors lose some power and one of the goddam things starts
its low power warning CHIRP at 2 am.

I'm tempted to rip the whole damned system out.

It just means those batteries are likely close to then end of their
life. Try replacing them with fresh ones.

I replaced my batteries every fall. I never forgot because I just
replaced them when the first one when off. :-)

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Smoke (and other) Alarms - best suppliers of compatible ranges? [email protected] UK diy 33 December 6th 04 09:48 AM
air cleaner Betsy Home Repair 61 November 23rd 04 04:15 PM
CLOSE CALL - SMOKE ALARM IN THE SHOP? T. Woodworking 47 December 6th 03 04:35 AM
Smoke smell from A/C? Eyes burning. jan Home Repair 7 November 18th 03 03:04 AM
Ultimate smoke alarm - never need to change batteries! Daniel Morrow Electronics 10 October 10th 03 11:08 PM