SteveB

Default On demand hot water

I am interested in on demand hot water systems. I want one for a cabin
where we need fairly hot water, but don't want to keep a lot of water hot
all the time. Plus, in the winter, we use water from a tank, so need to run
it through a separate line inside the house that won't freeze up.

Anyone have experience with these? Brand name suggestions? Caveats?
Sites? Prices?

Our plumbing all comes up through one tree, so it would be easy to run three
faucets from one, since we would only have one open at a time.

Suggestions appreciated.

Steve

SQLit

"SteveB" wrote in message
I am interested in on demand hot water systems. I want one for a cabin
where we need fairly hot water, but don't want to keep a lot of water hot
all the time. Plus, in the winter, we use water from a tank, so need to

run
it through a separate line inside the house that won't freeze up.

Anyone have experience with these? Brand name suggestions? Caveats?
Sites? Prices?

Our plumbing all comes up through one tree, so it would be easy to run

three
faucets from one, since we would only have one open at a time.

Suggestions appreciated.

Steve

google is your friend. You fail to mention if your dealing with electric, or
gas. I will assume gas.
I can not imagine a cabin with an electric service big enough for a electric
demand water heater.

I looked at several makes and models. Came to the conclusion that it was
lots more expensive than a conventional water heater. There were no parts
available locally. Conventional, just replace it in an emergency. My
situation I could not justify the additional cost.
They all work on a temp change principal. Colder the water the less hot the
water when it comes out. My situation the temp of the incoming water is
dramatically different in the winter time. So I would be getting "warm"
water not hot.

My suggestion is look for a water heater for a RV. They might be smaller and
have electronic ignition on them. I looked and looked for a gas tank water
heater that did not have a standing pilot light. I did not find one locally
so I settled for one that does.

m Ransley

I Have the small Bosch Ng 117000 btu ,in winter my water gets to 33f. I
never have it on high in winter or the water is to hot for a hot water
shower. There are 180000 ++btu Ng -propane models they are good for 2
showers. Bosch, Takagi, Rinnai are all good. Id be sure to drain the
unit for freezing, instal valves in the proper area. My unit uses no AC
it has 2 D cells for piezo ignition. Tankless are worth it and ideal
for a cabin. Electric use to much power 120a for a small bosch.

Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Hot water recirculation [email protected] Home Repair 18 August 9th 04 05:32 AM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Why do gas water heaters fail? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 40 January 12th 04 09:59 PM