CGB

Default Gasket for Oven door

I have a 25 yr old Hardwick propane gas stove. Works well but the gasket
for this oven door is shot. I can't find a replacement for it. It is a
rubberish looking gray strip that attaches to the cabinet and the oven door
shuts up against it. It looks similar to weather stripping. Several stores
can't find a replacement and none can offer me a universal type thing that I
could cut to fit, etc.

Anyone able to advise on whether there is stripping available that I could
buy and fashion my own? I've searched the web quite thoroughly and can't
find anything like this, even in a universal type thing. Obviously, heat
tolerance and non-flammability are key considerations.

Thanks.

Chet

Appliance Repair Aid

CGB wrote:
I have a 25 yr old Hardwick propane gas stove. Works well but the gasket
for this oven door is shot. I can't find a replacement for it. It is a
rubberish looking gray strip that attaches to the cabinet and the oven door
shuts up against it. It looks similar to weather stripping. Several stores
can't find a replacement and none can offer me a universal type thing that I
could cut to fit, etc.

Anyone able to advise on whether there is stripping available that I could
buy and fashion my own? I've searched the web quite thoroughly and can't
find anything like this, even in a universal type thing. Obviously, heat
tolerance and non-flammability are key considerations.

Thanks.

Chet

Hi,

There are stretch universal gaskets available that may help....

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=129007
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=699252
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=2774
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=325455
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=3281
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=699260
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=129011
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=356538
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral...=153&N=1021675
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=699259
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=129014
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=129016

Drill 1/8" hole in each corner of the oven frame or range door.
Measure the hole to hole dimensions and choose appropriate gasket
length from the available
selection. The replacement gasket stretches between and mounts into the
holes created,
using the gasket retaining clips factory installed onto each end of the
gasket.

These are good for non-self cleaning ranges.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair