Default Gasket for Oven door

Try a woodstove shop. They will have lots of hi-temp gaskets, and something
should fit. They will be rope-type and not rubberish, but should work fine
if you can find a good size.

Keith

"CGB" wrote in message
. ..
I have a 25 yr old Hardwick propane gas stove. Works well but the gasket
for this oven door is shot. I can't find a replacement for it. It is a
rubberish looking gray strip that attaches to the cabinet and the oven door
shuts up against it. It looks similar to weather stripping. Several
stores can't find a replacement and none can offer me a universal type
thing that I could cut to fit, etc.

Anyone able to advise on whether there is stripping available that I could
buy and fashion my own? I've searched the web quite thoroughly and can't
find anything like this, even in a universal type thing. Obviously, heat
tolerance and non-flammability are key considerations.

Thanks.

Chet