scale

Default heck i might as well add a new kitchen sink while im at it..

with all these recent drain repairs...i thought ....why not add a new
sink to the stupid thing while im at it.

My question is...how do i know how deep of sink i can go. Id like to
get a bit deeper one but once you connect all the drain stuff and the p
trap wont it be too low to connect to the horizontal drain pipe that
comes out of the wall?

Are there any rules here? IM looking at a white 22x32 lipped sink so i
dont have to put the seal around it and she is labeled as 9 inches
deep. I think my current one is 7...maybe 8...im not sure how they
measure these things.

any thoughts?

Kathy

"scale" wrote in message
oups.com...
with all these recent drain repairs...i thought

.....why not add a new
sink to the stupid thing while im at it.

My question is...how do i know how deep of sink i

can go. Id like to
get a bit deeper one but once you connect all the

drain stuff and the p
trap wont it be too low to connect to the

horizontal drain pipe that
comes out of the wall?

Are there any rules here? IM looking at a white

22x32 lipped sink so i
dont have to put the seal around it and she is

labeled as 9 inches
deep. I think my current one is 7...maybe 8...im

not sure how they
measure these things.

any thoughts?

Watch out. I bought a sink that fit in the same
size hole but was deeper and bigger.I love the
sink. A whole roasting pan fits in it sideways.
It's nice stainless steel and cleans easy. Just now
the drawer next to it rubs the side of the sink and
won't go in straight. Oh well. It is a great sink.

buffalobill

enjoy the deepest sink you can afford with the tallest aerator fixture
to clear big pots and pans. the top of the drain pipe must be lower in
altitude than the bottom of the sink drain basket and lower than the
dishwasher drain connection. and garbage disposal. if you need more
trap room you may be inclined to want to S trap thru the floor to the
basement if access to the wall is a problem, but the vent to the roof
off that wall line is important. the pipe in the wall is probably a tee
for that reason. look at space for future connections for dishwasher,
maybe garbage disposer.
look at this page:
http://www.free-ed.net/sweethaven/Bl...p?iNum=fra0309

scale

Ya i cant tell if i would have room or not. It seems that the trap
would be lower than the horizontal drain pipe that comes out of the
wall and therefore the pipe might be pointed up rather than level. That
would mean there would always be water in the pipe / trap.

I went through this recently, replacing a double bowl with a modern
very deep Kohler cast iron. As I recall, all the critical dimensions
were available on the web, including where the wall drain pipe had to
be located relative to the bottom of the sink. It's still a bit tricky
though. For me the hard thing to figure out wasn't the height issue.
My new sink has the drains located close to the back of the sink
instead of the middle, (which I highly recommend, as it gives you more
room without having small things go down the drain.) Plus, the sink
is made so the bowls extend farther back than most bowls would. This
puts the two sink drains very close to where the drain pipe comes out
of the wall. So, my concern was having enough room and clearance to be
able to line up the trap plumbiong within the tight contraints.
However, when I got her in, in all went together real easy.

scale

i guess ill keep searching the web and see if i can find the page your
talkin about

scale

well i didnt yet find the site...still searching

i did take some demensions...

my kichten cabinet is 36 from floor to top

the drain pipe comes out of the wall horizontal at about 18 - 19 inches
from the floor

dont know if that helps

hwm54112

It would be very unusual for you not to have enough room- you're only
talking about a 2-3 inch difference at most (assuming existing sink is
6" (you said 7 or 8_) and new is 9". Just measure length of tailpipe
from sink to top of trap and do the math.

--
hwm54112
hwm54112's Profile: http://www.homeplot.com/member.php?userid=127