Default heck i might as well add a new kitchen sink while im at it..

I went through this recently, replacing a double bowl with a modern
very deep Kohler cast iron. As I recall, all the critical dimensions
were available on the web, including where the wall drain pipe had to
be located relative to the bottom of the sink. It's still a bit tricky
though. For me the hard thing to figure out wasn't the height issue.
My new sink has the drains located close to the back of the sink
instead of the middle, (which I highly recommend, as it gives you more
room without having small things go down the drain.) Plus, the sink
is made so the bowls extend farther back than most bowls would. This
puts the two sink drains very close to where the drain pipe comes out
of the wall. So, my concern was having enough room and clearance to be
able to line up the trap plumbiong within the tight contraints.
However, when I got her in, in all went together real easy.