lukeo

Default Wanting To Paint Exposed Heating Ducts

I have exposed heating duct work in a basement redo and I want to
paint the heating ducts and was wondering if anyone has had any
experience with brands and/or types. The ducts are also used for
cooling.

Thanks,
-Luke
m Ransley

Use a latex primer that will bond to the ducts and paint in latex.

HeatMan

"lukeo" wrote in message
I have exposed heating duct work in a basement redo and I want to
paint the heating ducts and was wondering if anyone has had any
experience with brands and/or types. The ducts are also used for
cooling.

Assuming that there is no condensation, painting the ductwork is fine.
Insulating it is better.

Clean it, prime it, and panit it with a good quality paint.

Jeff

It was Duron, which is a paint company in the DC area. It was a flat light
brown (tan). When I finished my basement I put in a drop ceiling but didn't
want to hide the ducts since the ceiling would be so low and it's quite
obvious if you box them in. Told the wife it was like a lot of modern
buildings that they just paint the ducting etc. Easiest way to go. Don't
think the paint type is that critical. Just clean ductwork with detergent
before painting.

"lukeo" wrote in message
Thanks!

Do you remember what brand you used? And did you use a flat paint?

-Luke

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 14:31:57 GMT, "Jeff" wrote:

That's just what I did. I just cleaned and painted it with latex paint
(light brown). Have not had any problems with pealing etc for more than 5
years.

"lukeo" wrote in message
. ..
I have exposed heating duct work in a basement redo and I want to
paint the heating ducts and was wondering if anyone has had any
experience with brands and/or types. The ducts are also used for
cooling.

Thanks,
-Luke

jappy

I painted mine with the same paint I used on the wall. Interior
latex, semi gloss. This was like 12 years ago. No peeling or other
problems. I guess any paint would do.

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 18:55:51 -0600, wrote:

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 09:50:05 GMT, lukeo wrote:

I have exposed heating duct work in a basement redo and I want to
paint the heating ducts and was wondering if anyone has had any
experience with brands and/or types. The ducts are also used for
cooling.

Thanks,
-Luke

Why in the heck do you want to paint your ducts? This is about the
goofiest thing I heard in a long time.

jappy

It might sound goofy but I painted mine because I painted all the
walls white and some ducts came through the wall. The silver color of
them didn't look good and was too noticeable. They look good painted!