Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ed Hayes

Default Forced Air Hot Air Heat Question

All my life I have lived in home heated with oil and hot water
radiator heat.
We recently moved and live in a house that has oil heat and forced hot
air.
My question is when heat is called for the air is blown out of the
vents for very short periods of time, maybe 15-20 seconds) It then
shuts off and maybe 20 seconds later it starts again. It repeats this
on-off cycle until heat is no longer called for. The time the blower
stays on seem to increase slihtly as the number of on-off cycles
increase.
My question -- Is this normal???
My thermostat has the capability of forcing the blower to stay on for
an extra 90 seconds after call for heat ends. Should I use this
setting or is what is happening now normal?

Thanks

Cheap heating Russell Eberhardt UK diy 91 October 27th 05 01:30 PM
Janitrol Heat Pump system question J Mickler Home Repair 8 February 7th 05 03:40 AM
Electric Heat question Charles Home Repair 1 November 24th 04 02:57 AM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Heat Keeps Shutting Off Frontier Home Repair 29 December 24th 03 01:44 PM