TURTLE

Default Forced Air Hot Air Heat Question

"Ed Hayes" wrote in message
All my life I have lived in home heated with oil and hot water
radiator heat.
We recently moved and live in a house that has oil heat and forced hot
air.
My question is when heat is called for the air is blown out of the
vents for very short periods of time, maybe 15-20 seconds) It then
shuts off and maybe 20 seconds later it starts again. It repeats this
on-off cycle until heat is no longer called for. The time the blower
stays on seem to increase slihtly as the number of on-off cycles
increase.
My question -- Is this normal???
My thermostat has the capability of forcing the blower to stay on for
an extra 90 seconds after call for heat ends. Should I use this
setting or is what is happening now normal?

Thanks

this is Turtle.

this short cycling is no where near right and you need to have a good oil
furnace man look at it. i can think of 8 reason that could be wrong with it and
maybe more if i really think about it. Also It is costing you money by heating
with it short cycling condition.

TURTLE