JohnH

Default "best" hot tub cleaner?

Rejuvenating a hottub. It's funky and possibly quite germ-y.

What's best? Bleach? "shock" tablets? Exorcist?

I'm pursuing cleaning a spa tub that keeps spitting out black and white
greasy- soapy chunks (I call 'em old-people chunks, based on the folks
I bought the house from), and a local spa shop recc'ed some 'super
concentrated chlorine', a teaspoon in 110 gallons supposedly kicks
grime's butt. It is sold primarily as a sanitizer. I joked (1/2 anyway)
about dumping half the thing in my tub and they said the fumes would
probably kill me.

This stuff (its granular) carries a warning about getting it damp-
it'll catch fire if it gets moist. That's how you can tell its the good
stuff, I guess.

Haven't tried it yet, or I'd give you an evaluation.

Dave

Joseph Meehan

JohnH wrote:
Rejuvenating a hottub. It's funky and possibly quite germ-y.

What's best? Bleach? "shock" tablets? Exorcist?

Teenage boys with the promise of the keys for the car this weekend.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Pool cleaner hose connection problem, Slightly OT mclorson Metalworking 5 July 27th 05 12:39 AM
Adding an electronic air cleaner to my return air duct Daniel Prince Home Repair 0 December 17th 04 08:21 PM
Pool cleaner floating Mike Home Repair 2 May 5th 04 02:44 PM
Kenmore (Sears) Water Softener Cleaner -- How often? L. Dwynn Lafleur Home Repair 4 January 25th 04 07:28 AM
Hayward Navigator pool cleaner gets stuck at steps Pond Scum Home Repair 2 July 31st 03 05:10 PM