Default Intermittent Gas Dryer

I think I have an idea what I need to do from searching the group, but
this is what I have.

GE Hotpoint Gas Dryer - Model DLL2450R (About 13 years old)

Threw in a shirt this morning (didn't feel like ironing). Took out
about 20 minutes later and it was slightly warm, but not hot like it
should be for still being in the middle of the cycle.

I've had a couple previous loads this week not dry at all. Thought I
was just going insane and forgot to start the dryer. After those loads
I reset the cycle and watched the ignitor glow and flame light
normally. Loads sat overnight before I found them, so something may
have had time to reset itself and then lit properly. This morning the
ignitor would not glow while I watched.

I've also had several loads over the last couple months not dry
completly.

I'll clean all of the lint, check the exahust, etc when I get home. If
thats not it, gas valve coils my most likely issue?

No problem on blockages or airflow. I could not get a glow out of the
ignitor at all, so I am guessing a thermostat went bad somewhere, or
the coils, or .... Decided I got my $300 out of it over the last 13
years and not worth the service call and parts. It was making some
squeaking noises too, so I probably needed new bearings too. Ran to
Costco and picked up a $380 Whirlpool that now dries a load faster than
the washer can wash.

Dryer too hot in back Vinnie Boombotts Home Repair 6 October 13th 05 01:49 PM
Whirlpool Electric Dryer Problem Hoopster Home Repair 7 July 14th 05 02:09 PM
dryer vent location John Home Repair 7 June 14th 05 04:31 AM
Green wire on Dryer? Duncan Tuna Home Repair 4 April 25th 05 11:40 AM
Can I plug my 230V compressor (NEMA 6-20P) into a dryer (NEMA 10-30R) receptacle? Martin Mickston Home Ownership 1 October 25th 04 04:17 PM