pearl

Default Has anyone used a spray on grout sealer?

I saw a commercial for a "spray on grout sealer". It looked like you
did not have to worry about it getting on the ceramic tile with
overspray. Looked easy....that makes me worry. Any luck /
suggestions?

Thanks
Dave

I recently used Tile Perfect's "Spray On" Grout Sealer. It came in a 15
oz. aerosol. Bought it at Home Depot.

I used it to seal the grout in ceramic tile floor (kitchen and bathroom).
The tile is white with a bit of a pattern. The grout was beige/sand
colored.

No problem with application or fumes. The directions advise that the over
spray on the tile will evaporate. I did wipe up some areas where the spray
had pooled a bit but no extreme measures otherwise. I ran some floor fans
to speed up the drying process.

No discoloration of the tile or the grout. I did initially have some areas
where the grout was slightly darker due to over application (an 'oh sh*t'
moment for me) but 24 hours or so later the grout coloring was consistent.

I did test the sealer in an area before applying it to the entire floor. I
would use the product again.

Having said all of that, I haven't had any major spills so I can't attest to
the sealant's ability to repel stain.

On 24 Oct 2005 09:00:56 -0700, "pearl" wrote:

I saw a commercial for a "spray on grout sealer". It looked like you
did not have to worry about it getting on the ceramic tile with
overspray. Looked easy....that makes me worry. Any luck /
suggestions?

I've used a product: "stand n seal", that worked well for me. No
problem with over spray, etc. After it was sealed a friend dropped a
quart of red paint on the sandstone grout...it wiped up with a damp
cloth and cannot be seen in the grout line.

Use in a well ventilated area..

Oren

excused from saving Universes."
newsreader

Default Has anyone used a spray on grout sealer? CAUTION

Read this regarding spray on sealers:

http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/...hlight=STAND+S
EAL

"pearl" wrote in message
ups.com...
I saw a commercial for a "spray on grout sealer". It looked like you
did not have to worry about it getting on the ceramic tile with
overspray. Looked easy....that makes me worry. Any luck /
suggestions?

Thanks
Dave

newsreader

Another read on the subject:

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml05/05253.html

pearl

Thanks for the very important reads!!! Might be a good product, but
I'd like to live to see the tile :-)
With that said, what product should I use to seal about a thousand sq.
feet of tile.
Thanks again

Dave aka "pearl"

newsreader

I'd suggest:

http://www.stonetechpro.com/products/protect/bps/

or

http://www.stonetechpro.com/products/protect/hds/

if the tile is somewhat absorbant. If you really only need to seal the
grout, try this:

http://www.stonetechpro.com/products/protect/gs/

Default Has anyone used a spray on grout sealer? From the company

Product Recall

The product label for Stand ‘n Seal Grout Sealer clearly warns users against
breathing vapors, and the product is formulated to have a chemically pungent
odor, which alerts consumers to the presence of potentially harmful vapors.
We have safely marketed and sold more than one million cans of the product
with virtually no complaints of injury due to exposure to vapors. A small
number of production batches were made by our contract manufacturer with an
unapproved change in raw materials, which resulted in a less chemically
pungent formula. The less repellent odor of the affected batches does not
provide the immediate sensory (smell) warning that the user is being exposed
to vapors, even though this is clearly warned against. Upon learning of the
unapproved change in raw materials, we immediately undertook a voluntary
recall of the affected product. As of August 6th, all product containing the
alternate raw material has been removed from the shelves of The Home Depot
stores. Replacement product has been made available to affected retailers
using the correct formulation. We regret the situation, and are working
with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission to publicize the recall and
address consumer concerns. Anyone who purchased defective product can return
it to their local Home Depot store for a full refund. Affected products have
batch numbers - - found on the bottom of the can - - that start with any of
the following six-digit codes: A20985 A30985 A10995 A20995 A30995
A11015 A21015 A31015 A11025 A21445 A31445 A11455 A21455 A31455
A11465 A21465 For additional information, consumers can call 800-552-6225
ext. 2572
http://standandseal.radius3.com/inde..._Advisory&=SID

does grout sealer make grout waterproof? bob Home Repair 3 October 20th 05 03:53 AM
Grout Sealer Bishoop Home Ownership 1 April 30th 05 01:17 PM
Grout Sealer Bishoop Home Repair 2 April 30th 05 01:17 PM
Grout Sealant cover Home Ownership 9 March 16th 05 03:14 PM
Grout Sealant cover Home Repair 10 March 16th 05 03:14 PM