Mikepier

Default Advice on buying 1/2HP Wayne water pump

Due to the heavy rains in the Northeast last week, all of the pumps
were sold out at HD, Lowes, etc. I had gotten water in my basement.
Luckily I did manage to borrow a friends submersable pump to help me
out.
While I was at ACE Hardware last night, I noticed they had gotten some
more pumps in. I saw this one from Wayne pumps for $150:

http://www.waynepumps.com/prodlist.asp?pcode=PC4

It moves 1400GPH and although it is not submersible, it does have an
inlet hose which I can attach a regular garden hose and move anywhere.
I was wondering if anyone had this pump and what they thought about it?

Duane Bozarth

Mikepier wrote:

Due to the heavy rains in the Northeast last week, all of the pumps
were sold out at HD, Lowes, etc. I had gotten water in my basement.
Luckily I did manage to borrow a friends submersable pump to help me
out.
While I was at ACE Hardware last night, I noticed they had gotten some
more pumps in. I saw this one from Wayne pumps for $150:

http://www.waynepumps.com/prodlist.asp?pcode=PC4

It moves 1400GPH and although it is not submersible, it does have an
inlet hose which I can attach a regular garden hose and move anywhere.
I was wondering if anyone had this pump and what they thought about it?

We've used similar Wayne pumps on the farm for years---one primary use
was a setup (before the drain field was installed) as a septic overflow
tank pump set up to a level switch would last years...the ones we had
have replaceable bearings but normally it would be impeller wear that
would finally be the end of them. I tried replacing them once but there
was sufficient casing wear as well that it wasn't nearly as effective so
I've never bother trying to repair one since. Altho w/ now having a
drain field installed, they remaining are simply for occasional use so
will probably last my lifetime or more....

In short, I have no adverse data...
Toller

"Mikepier" wrote in message
oups.com...
Due to the heavy rains in the Northeast last week, all of the pumps
were sold out at HD, Lowes, etc. I had gotten water in my basement.
Luckily I did manage to borrow a friends submersable pump to help me
out.
While I was at ACE Hardware last night, I noticed they had gotten some
more pumps in. I saw this one from Wayne pumps for $150:

http://www.waynepumps.com/prodlist.asp?pcode=PC4

It moves 1400GPH and although it is not submersible, it does have an
inlet hose which I can attach a regular garden hose and move anywhere.
I was wondering if anyone had this pump and what they thought about it?

I had a similar, though gas powered, pump. Priming it was an incredible
PITA. Once primed it was pretty good.
Unless you have a specific or urgent need, I would hold out for a
submersible.

Stormin Mormon

I don't have a cellar, but my parents do. So, I bought a sump pump, from
www.harborfreight.com which was $40, and says it's half horse power. Another
couple bucks, and it's adapted to garden hose. With a wye, and I can
discharge through two parallel hoses to increase flow.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

oups.com...