Stormin Mormon

Default Advice on buying 1/2HP Wayne water pump

I don't have a cellar, but my parents do. So, I bought a sump pump, from
www.harborfreight.com which was $40, and says it's half horse power. Another
couple bucks, and it's adapted to garden hose. With a wye, and I can
discharge through two parallel hoses to increase flow.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"Mikepier" wrote in message
oups.com...
Due to the heavy rains in the Northeast last week, all of the pumps
were sold out at HD, Lowes, etc. I had gotten water in my basement.
Luckily I did manage to borrow a friends submersable pump to help me
out.
While I was at ACE Hardware last night, I noticed they had gotten some
more pumps in. I saw this one from Wayne pumps for $150:

http://www.waynepumps.com/prodlist.asp?pcode=PC4

It moves 1400GPH and although it is not submersible, it does have an
inlet hose which I can attach a regular garden hose and move anywhere.
I was wondering if anyone had this pump and what they thought about it?