Duane Bozarth

Default Advice on buying 1/2HP Wayne water pump

Mikepier wrote:

Due to the heavy rains in the Northeast last week, all of the pumps
were sold out at HD, Lowes, etc. I had gotten water in my basement.
Luckily I did manage to borrow a friends submersable pump to help me
out.
While I was at ACE Hardware last night, I noticed they had gotten some
more pumps in. I saw this one from Wayne pumps for $150:

http://www.waynepumps.com/prodlist.asp?pcode=PC4

It moves 1400GPH and although it is not submersible, it does have an
inlet hose which I can attach a regular garden hose and move anywhere.
I was wondering if anyone had this pump and what they thought about it?

We've used similar Wayne pumps on the farm for years---one primary use
was a setup (before the drain field was installed) as a septic overflow
tank pump set up to a level switch would last years...the ones we had
have replaceable bearings but normally it would be impeller wear that
would finally be the end of them. I tried replacing them once but there
was sufficient casing wear as well that it wasn't nearly as effective so
I've never bother trying to repair one since. Altho w/ now having a
drain field installed, they remaining are simply for occasional use so
will probably last my lifetime or more....

In short, I have no adverse data...