dean

Default New house - how to find your well?

Hello all I've been asking about wells recently, and I know sort of
where it is, there is a white plastic pipe (around 3" diameter)
sticking out of the ground, right next to my garden shed (which looks
new), but no other indication of the well. Possibly the last owner
built the shed on top of the well? Anyway, how can I go about finding
it? Can I run a metal detector around to look for cables or something?
Do townships have these things mapped? Any hints welcomed.

Dean

Duane Bozarth

dean wrote:

Hello all I've been asking about wells recently, and I know sort of
where it is, there is a white plastic pipe (around 3" diameter)
sticking out of the ground, right next to my garden shed (which looks
new), but no other indication of the well. Possibly the last owner
built the shed on top of the well? Anyway, how can I go about finding
it? Can I run a metal detector around to look for cables or something?
Do townships have these things mapped? Any hints welcomed.

I'd ask the previous owner first.

I would assume if the pipe is coming out of the ground vertically that
is it.

I would certainly hope the previous owner wasn't stupid enough to have
covered it over.

Somewhere there has to be an electrical service. You can trace it back
to where it goes underground and go from there also.

Where does the other end of the pipe go?
Goedjn

Hello all I've been asking about wells recently, and I know sort of
where it is, there is a white plastic pipe (around 3" diameter)

I would assume if the pipe is coming out of the ground vertically that
is it.

Not if it's white pvc pipe.. that's more likely to be for
venting the septic, or a groundwater inspection hole,
or something. I'd find where the water-main comes into the
house, and seek outward in a straight line from there.