dean

Default New house - how to find your well?

Hello all I've been asking about wells recently, and I know sort of
where it is, there is a white plastic pipe (around 3" diameter)
sticking out of the ground, right next to my garden shed (which looks
new), but no other indication of the well. Possibly the last owner
built the shed on top of the well? Anyway, how can I go about finding
it? Can I run a metal detector around to look for cables or something?
Do townships have these things mapped? Any hints welcomed.

Dean