SQLit

Default Now I need to finish a bench. I would be grateful for suggestions.

"Jim" wrote in message

I just built a nice strong bench with MDF for my metalworking vice and

have no
Poly or any other durable finishes around.
I do have oil based and wash up in water fence and deck stains and I'm

wondering
if these will work to protect the MDF from the odd splash of water.
I would love to get this done today so I can mount my vice and get to

hobbying
without the costly and time consuming 3 hour trip to town.
I have Briwax as well if that will help.

Anything (paint/stain) properly applied will help.

I put sheet Formica/plastic laminate on my last bench. It really helped keep
the messes under control.

Oak Dining Table colin UK diy 14 March 15th 05 02:45 PM
Veneer plaster finish textures Wayne Whitney Home Repair 0 February 1st 05 10:50 PM
Textured finish for sub-bass cabinet Neil Jowsey UK diy 5 July 20th 04 07:23 PM
satin finish on Stainless steel radiator... Jon Nicoll UK diy 1 April 4th 04 09:32 PM
Finish for oak end tables Brian Turner Woodworking 41 January 22nd 04 11:45 PM