SQLit

Default Now I need to finish a bench. I would be grateful for suggestions.

"Jim" wrote in message

I just built a nice strong bench with MDF for my metalworking vice and

have no
Poly or any other durable finishes around.
I do have oil based and wash up in water fence and deck stains and I'm

wondering
if these will work to protect the MDF from the odd splash of water.
I would love to get this done today so I can mount my vice and get to

hobbying
without the costly and time consuming 3 hour trip to town.
I have Briwax as well if that will help.

Anything (paint/stain) properly applied will help.

I put sheet Formica/plastic laminate on my last bench. It really helped keep
the messes under control.