Bgreer5050

Default Gas Dryer Troubleshooting

I have a Maytag LDG5005AAB.

It has a Hi Limit Thermostat and a Radiant Sensor according to the manual.

I only see the Thermostat but no Radiant sensor....I will have to take
another look.

My gas valve is shutting off....which one of these acts like a thermocouple?
Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know approx coil resistance readings.

Thanks

Appliance Repair Aid

Bgreer5050 wrote:
I have a Maytag LDG5005AAB.

It has a Hi Limit Thermostat and a Radiant Sensor according to the manual.

I only see the Thermostat but no Radiant sensor....I will have to take
another look.

My gas valve is shutting off....which one of these acts like a thermocouple?
Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know approx coil resistance readings.

Thanks

Hi,

I only see the Thermostat but no Radiant sensor....I will have to take
another look.

Yup....
http://www.applianceaid.com/images/ldrm-gas-burner.jpg

My gas valve is shutting off....which one of these acts like a thermocouple?

Neither.

Shuts off how....and what still happens?

Any ideas?

Yup....
http://www.applianceaid.com/gas_dryer.html

Also, does anyone know approx coil resistance readings

Will vary between 500 and 1350 ohms.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Dryer too hot in back Vinnie Boombotts Home Repair 6 October 13th 05 01:49 PM
Whirlpool Electric Dryer Problem Hoopster Home Repair 7 July 14th 05 02:09 PM
dryer vent location John Home Repair 7 June 14th 05 04:31 AM
Green wire on Dryer? Duncan Tuna Home Repair 4 April 25th 05 11:40 AM
Can I plug my 230V compressor (NEMA 6-20P) into a dryer (NEMA 10-30R) receptacle? Martin Mickston Home Ownership 1 October 25th 04 04:17 PM