waves2ya

Default Fisher & Paykel: Washing Machine...

Greetings appliance guru's...

Seldom have I researched a prospective purchase and come up with such
conflicting reports. Folks either rave about Fisher & Paykel's washing
machines - or trash 'em.

Have the appliance repair community seen a high than usual repair rate
for F&P washing machines...? (Frankly, seems all brands have a pretty
good incidence of repair necessity - keeps fix-it guys happy, I'll
bet...)

Thanks in advance for recommendations.

~waves

Art

If you are in the US buy it at Lowes. For $90 they will give you an extra 4
years on the warranty. Most other stores charge $250 for that coverage.
Then don't worry about it if you really like that model. On the other hand
I would probably buy the Whirlpool front loader instead and get the 4 year
warranty on that.

"waves2ya" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings appliance guru's...

Seldom have I researched a prospective purchase and come up with such
conflicting reports. Folks either rave about Fisher & Paykel's washing
machines - or trash 'em.

Have the appliance repair community seen a high than usual repair rate
for F&P washing machines...? (Frankly, seems all brands have a pretty
good incidence of repair necessity - keeps fix-it guys happy, I'll
bet...)

Thanks in advance for recommendations.

~waves

Appliance Repair Aid

waves2ya wrote:
Greetings appliance guru's...

Seldom have I researched a prospective purchase and come up with such
conflicting reports. Folks either rave about Fisher & Paykel's washing
machines - or trash 'em.

Have the appliance repair community seen a high than usual repair rate
for F&P washing machines...? (Frankly, seems all brands have a pretty
good incidence of repair necessity - keeps fix-it guys happy, I'll
bet...)

Thanks in advance for recommendations.

~waves

Hi,

Something that may help, some consumers opinions....
http://www.epinions.com/Washing_Mach...her_and_paykel

Nobody wants to buy one in my area....lack of service, no parts, no
info/support help.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Art

I just bought one of their double drawer dishwashers. The installer dinged
it. I complained to Lowes and a repair guy had a replacement part installed
in a few days. This is in the Raleigh, NC area. At least on the
dishwashers the parts distribution system seems pretty good.

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
ups.com...

waves2ya wrote:
[...]

Ed

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote

Nobody wants to buy one in my area....lack of service, no parts, no
info/support help.

About 6 or 8 years ago, maybe longer, I got a letter from a Korean
manufacturer, could have been LG, thay wanted me to establish service in my
area. They wanted me to spend thousands on inventory so I could handle most
calls first visit. I told them they must be out of their minds. If I took
them up on the offer I'd have a bunch of old parts sitting in inventory.
Looks like they're selling the stuff now though.

Wonder how many people ask about the warranty when they buy an appliance,
not many. Some of the imports have only a 1 year warranty on the sealed
system, parts only.

Art

Nothing can be worse than Maytag right now. They charge $155 to replace a
motor under parts only warranty in my 2 year old dishwaseher. THe new motor
is twice as noisy as the old one and the control panel goes out 2 weeks
later. That was the 5th breakdown in the Maytag 3 rack dishwasher in 2
years so it went into the trash. It made my Asko look good.

"Ed" wrote in message

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote

Nobody wants to buy one in my area....lack of service, no parts, no
info/support help.

About 6 or 8 years ago, maybe longer, I got a letter from a Korean
manufacturer, could have been LG, thay wanted me to establish service in
my area. They wanted me to spend thousands on inventory so I could handle
most calls first visit. I told them they must be out of their minds. If I
took them up on the offer I'd have a bunch of old parts sitting in
inventory. Looks like they're selling the stuff now though.

Wonder how many people ask about the warranty when they buy an appliance,
not many. Some of the imports have only a 1 year warranty on the sealed
system, parts only.

waves2ya

Most washing machines offer a 1 yr warranty; F&P's is 2 yrs. And most
vendors (Lowes, Karl's) offer an extension to 5 yrs for about $100. Is
curious, too, how the epinion site lists 63 (!) reviews; few products
seem to elicit such comment...

Art

I believe Lowes sells it near me in Raleigh, NC.

"Captain Joe Redcloud" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 17:12:41 -0400, "Ed" wrote:

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote

Nobody wants to buy one in my area....lack of service, no parts, no
info/support help.

About 6 or 8 years ago, maybe longer, I got a letter from a Korean
manufacturer, could have been LG, thay wanted me to establish service in
my
area. They wanted me to spend thousands on inventory so I could handle
most
calls first visit. I told them they must be out of their minds. If I took
them up on the offer I'd have a bunch of old parts sitting in inventory.
Looks like they're selling the stuff now though.

Wonder how many people ask about the warranty when they buy an appliance,
not many. Some of the imports have only a 1 year warranty on the sealed
system, parts only.

I bought a Fisher & Paykel from my local appliance store after being
jerked
around and given all sorts of misinformation by all the local "big box"
stores.
It is easily as good or better than any of the new frontloaders at half
the cost
and no special expensive soap is needed.

Captain Joe Redcloud

Stormin Mormon

The one time I worked on a LG was a big, huge, side by side refrigerator. I
can't remember what was the customer's complaint. Did get someone on the 800
number, and talked me through the forced defrost cycle. Oh, that's it, the
fan wasn't blowing in the freezer.

I ended up changing a few parts, which they sent me n/c. The customer was
about an hour drive away from me. Lots of gasoline going there and back.

Finally after three or four parts, it still wasn't fixed. He took it back to
the store.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.