Dacore

Default How's this possible?

I was reading the post about a boiler which dimmed the lights in the house.
It intrigued me, because all of a sudden I have a similar problem.

My lights just started dimming a couple days ago, and I wondered what was
causing it. Now, you may think I'm cuckoo, but I figured it out while
sitting out on my deck at night. Every time my lights dim, it's because my
neighbors A/C kicks on. It never fails, I had my wife sit out there with
me, to make sure it's not my imagination. How is this possible? What steps
do I take to correct this?

Thanks

RBM

Call the utility company. You and your neighbor are probably connected to
the same transformer . If his condenser is really large and or the
transformer is really undersized, you'll get some dimming when the condenser
starts (momentarily)

"Dacore" wrote in message
I was reading the post about a boiler which dimmed the lights in the house.
It intrigued me, because all of a sudden I have a similar problem.

My lights just started dimming a couple days ago, and I wondered what was
causing it. Now, you may think I'm cuckoo, but I figured it out while
sitting out on my deck at night. Every time my lights dim, it's because my
neighbors A/C kicks on. It never fails, I had my wife sit out there with
me, to make sure it's not my imagination. How is this possible? What steps
do I take to correct this?

Thanks

Gordon Reeder

Also can be caused by a poor electrical connection at the
transformer.

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in
:

--
Just my $0.02 worth. Hope it helps
Gordon Reeder

Hey EVERYBODY!
Unity means let's try to meet each other halfway
Travis Jordan

RBM wrote:
Call the utility company. You and your neighbor are probably
connected to the same transformer . If his condenser is really large
and or the transformer is really undersized, you'll get some dimming
when the condenser starts (momentarily)

Assuming that the transformer is sized correctly and that there are no
electrical connection problems, you could ask your neighbor to install a
"hard start" kit. This will reduce the starting surge drawn from the
power line, and reduce the light flicker that you are seeing. (I'll bet
your neighbor's lights dim more than yours do!).

Stretch

Could be a bad connection anywhere between the transformer and your
house or his house.

Stretch

HeyBub

Dacore wrote:
I was reading the post about a boiler which dimmed the lights in the
house. It intrigued me, because all of a sudden I have a similar
problem.

My lights just started dimming a couple days ago, and I wondered what
was causing it. Now, you may think I'm cuckoo, but I figured it out
while sitting out on my deck at night. Every time my lights dim, it's
because my neighbors A/C kicks on. It never fails, I had my wife sit
out there with me, to make sure it's not my imagination. How is this
possible? What steps do I take to correct this?

You live in a neighborhood of clever people.

Your neighbor is running his air conditioner from your electrical service.

HorneTD

Dacore wrote:
I was reading the post about a boiler which dimmed the lights in the house.
It intrigued me, because all of a sudden I have a similar problem.

My lights just started dimming a couple days ago, and I wondered what was
causing it. Now, you may think I'm cuckoo, but I figured it out while
sitting out on my deck at night. Every time my lights dim, it's because my
neighbors A/C kicks on. It never fails, I had my wife sit out there with
me, to make sure it's not my imagination. How is this possible? What steps
do I take to correct this?

Thanks

You are getting dimming because a problem has developed between the
transfomer secondary and both of your homes. The utility should be
asked to find and clear this fault imediately.
--
Tom Horne

for general use." Thomas Alva Edison