Cindy

Default Remote Control Gas Fireplace

I purchased a house and have a gas fireplace which has been previously used
as a woodburning fireplace. The gas pipe is in place and there is a key
which controls the gas valve near the face of the fireplace. I would like to
convert the fireplace to gas which I guess means getting the gas logs but I
would also like to make it remote control. I would like to be able to
control the off/on and flame height.

Does anybody have any experience with these or suggestions on a brand or
type to go with?

Thanks

--

Use your computer's spare processing power to advance science.
http://folding.stanford.edu/

FIREFOX BROWSER
A free, better, faster, and more secure browser
The one that those in the know use.

Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 25 Sep 2005 10:30:53p, Cindy wrote in alt.home.repair:

I purchased a house and have a gas fireplace which has been previously
used as a woodburning fireplace. The gas pipe is in place and there is a
key which controls the gas valve near the face of the fireplace. I would
like to convert the fireplace to gas which I guess means getting the gas
logs but I would also like to make it remote control. I would like to be
able to control the off/on and flame height.

Does anybody have any experience with these or suggestions on a brand or
type to go with?

Thanks

Not personally, but here's a starting point.

http://www.smarthome.com/91370.html

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
_____________________________

http://tinypic.com/dzijap.jpg

Popie-In-The-Bowl

I put one in myself. I bought the log set from Lowes at their superbowl
half price sale. They have good deals if you want to wait. Also Costco
sold log sets last winter. Its a straight forward job, but you'll have
to get the remote from the internet. I've only seen them online, or as
someone suggested go to a store. I'm sure I saved over $1000, maybe
$2000 doing it myself. I spent around $120 including the gas pipe, $69
for 13" vented log set and the rest for the gas pipe fixtures, and lava
rock and extra little logs. It seemed,on the internet, that you can get
log sets with remote or have adjustable flame, getting both is hard to
find, although I'm sure not impossible. I looked for remotes and
decided I didn't care and am too cheap to buy one. The vented sets had
adjustable flames, the unvented were on/off. I like that I can turn off
the pilot light every time, that little flame puts out a lot of heat on
a warm day. If you're investing in a remote with adjustable flame, I
recommend electronic ignition if you can find it.