Chris Dawley

Default Sony STR-DE515 Receiver remote control

I hope this is the right place to post my question. Where can I get a
replacement remote control for my receiver? I have a Sony STR-DE515. Ebay
doesn't list one yet. I want a remote without having to pay a lot of money
for it.

thanks,

Chris

JR North

Many different Sony remotes will operate their equipment. Example: all
my 1992 Sony CCD-TR21 analog camcorder's functions are operated
perfectly by the remote from my 2003 DCR-TRV530 digital camcorder.
JR

Chris Dawley wrote:
I hope this is the right place to post my question.

Yep.

Where can I get a replacement remote control for my receiver? I have
a Sony STR-DE515.

A Google search shows no web site hits, but one of the ads leads to a
site that claims to have the Sony remote (RM-DX53 147520821) for your
set for $58. Another vendor offers two other remotes for this set:
RM-U301 147513611 at $46 and RM-P301 147513711 at $143. If you still
have the owner's manual, the remote model number or part number should
be in there. You might also be able to download a manual from Sony.

If those are too expensive, I have had good luck with a "One For All"
remote control. The one I bought can operate up to 6 devices and cost
about $25; they have ones that run fewer devices for less money. I
have been able to get it to work with a Pioneer receiver, Emerson and
Sanyo TVs, a Toshiba VCR, a General Instruments cable box, etc. This
was after having not such good luck with an RCA universal remote control.

If the remote is just broken and not missing, some of the online vendors
offer a repair service, or you might get adventurous and take it apart
and look for broken wires or broken battery contacts, etc.

Ebay doesn't list one yet.

Er, nobody has listed one at Ebay yet. Ebay doesn't list things by
itself.

I want a remote without having to pay a lot of money for it.

Get a long dowel rod and use it to push the buttons from your easy
chair?

Matt Roberds

Chris Dawley:
You can call
1-800-REMOTES
Fully functional "factory" remotes for less?
electricitym
- - - - - - - -

Chris Dawley wrote:
I hope this is the right place to post my question. Where can I get a
replacement remote control for my receiver? I have a Sony STR-DE515. Ebay
doesn't list one yet. I want a remote without having to pay a lot of money
for it.

thanks,

Chris

Mark D. Zacharias

Chris Dawley wrote:
I hope this is the right place to post my question. Where can I get a
replacement remote control for my receiver? I have a Sony STR-DE515.
Ebay doesn't list one yet. I want a remote without having to pay a
lot of money for it.

thanks,

Chris

A Sony brand universal remote that will operate your set is probably less
than 20.00 at the nearest Target store. Wouldn't even need to program the
thing - it would wake up with Sony's default codes the first time batteries
are installed.

Mark Z.