Sim C.

Default Cheap remote control sockets

Thursday @ Lidl, may be of interest to some here;

Electric Sockets - Remote Controlled
Set of 4 receivers and transmitter
Remote control with 4 on/off controls and master switch
2990W maximum load per socket
Child safety protection device which prevents children from putting
any objects into the socket
1 socket with dimmer controls for lights
Remote control transmission range of 40m
9V battery included
3 Year manufacturer’s warranty
Price per item £14.99

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/p...ote_Controlled
Graeme

"Sim C." wrote in message =
Thursday @ Lidl, may be of interest to some here;
=20
Electric Sockets - Remote Controlled
Set of 4 receivers and transmitter=20
Remote control with 4 on/off controls and master switch=20
2990W maximum load per socket=20
Child safety protection device which prevents children from putting
any objects into the socket=20
1 socket with dimmer controls for lights=20
Remote control transmission range of 40m=20
9V battery included=20
3 Year manufacturer's warranty=20
Price per item =A314.99
=20
=

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/p...Electric_Sock=
ets_-_Remote_Controlled

I got a set of these last year 'cos I thought they would be very =
usefull.
Got them and took them home and had a play and they worked very well, =
spent a couple of days anoying the kids with them (Turning there cd =
player and lights on and off etc), then got bored and put them back in =
the box untill I could think of a good reason to use them, after a =
couple of months found them sitting in the bottom of a cupboard and as I =
hadn't used them put them on Ebay, they sold for =A326.00 :-)

They worked very well and I still think they are a good Idea but I =
personally havent got a good reason to get any.

ARWadsworth

"Graeme" wrote in message
"Sim C." wrote in message
[...]

on Ebay, they sold for £26.00 :-)

They worked very well and I still think they are a good Idea but I
personally havent got a good reason to get any.

ARWadsworth

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
.uk...

"Graeme" wrote in message
"Sim C." wrote in message
[...]

I have a good reason to get one.

My parents use 3 table lamps and 1 cabinet display light in their lounge.
These are all supplied by normal plug sockets. That is my Xmas shopping done
for the surprise present.

Thanks Sim C for the link

Adam

Capitol

ARWadsworth wrote:
My parents use 3 table lamps and 1 cabinet display light in their lounge.
These are all supplied by normal plug sockets. That is my Xmas shopping done
for the surprise present.

Make sure that the units are accessible. These units lose their
settings sometimes, so you need to be able to get at them to reprogramme.

regards
Capitol

Darren Forward

"Capitol" wrote in message

ARWadsworth wrote:
My parents use 3 table lamps and 1 cabinet display light in their lounge.
These are all supplied by normal plug sockets. That is my Xmas shopping
done
for the surprise present.

Make sure that the units are accessible. These units lose their settings
sometimes, so you need to be able to get at them to reprogramme.

regards
Capitol

Who makes them
..

regards
Darren

---

Ric

"Graeme" wrote in message
"Sim C." wrote in message
[...]

Could you tell me how the remote control works? Is it RF or Infra-Red? If
it is infrared then I would be quite interested as I could program my Pronto
remote to power on my subwoofer then. I could also use it to turn lamps on
and off which would be quite cool.

Graeme

"Ric" wrote in message =
=20
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message=20
.uk...

"Graeme" wrote in message
"Sim C." wrote in message
[...]

untill=20
could think of a good reason to use them, after a couple of months =

found
them sitting in the bottom of a cupboard and as I hadn't used them =

put=20
them
on Ebay, they sold for =A326.00 :-)

They worked very well and I still think they are a good Idea but I
personally havent got a good reason to get any.

=20
Could you tell me how the remote control works? Is it RF or =

Infra-Red? If=20
it is infrared then I would be quite interested as I could program my =

Pronto=20
remote to power on my subwoofer then. I could also use it to turn =

lamps on=20
and off which would be quite cool.=20
=20

They work on RF
So you can sit in bed and turn the kettle on downstairs, Assuming you =
filled it up and then set the switch the night before !!

Capitol

Darren Forward wrote:

Who makes them

Mandolyn International Ltd sell them and they are RF controlled. I have
had one total failure(ie scrap) after a power cut.

Regards
Capitol