Ric

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
.uk...

"Graeme" wrote in message
"Sim C." wrote in message
Thursday @ Lidl, may be of interest to some here;

Electric Sockets - Remote Controlled
Set of 4 receivers and transmitter
Remote control with 4 on/off controls and master switch
2990W maximum load per socket
Child safety protection device which prevents children from putting
any objects into the socket
1 socket with dimmer controls for lights
Remote control transmission range of 40m
9V battery included
3 Year manufacturer's warranty
Price per item £14.99

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/p...ote_Controlled

I got a set of these last year 'cos I thought they would be very usefull.
Got them and took them home and had a play and they worked very well,
spent
a couple of days anoying the kids with them (Turning there cd player and
lights on and off etc), then got bored and put them back in the box untill
could think of a good reason to use them, after a couple of months found
them sitting in the bottom of a cupboard and as I hadn't used them put
them
on Ebay, they sold for £26.00 :-)

They worked very well and I still think they are a good Idea but I
personally havent got a good reason to get any.

Could you tell me how the remote control works? Is it RF or Infra-Red? If
it is infrared then I would be quite interested as I could program my Pronto
remote to power on my subwoofer then. I could also use it to turn lamps on
and off which would be quite cool.